Monday, June 1, 2009

Vacation

We have a family reunion at Lake Tahoe in the next 7 days. I'm really looking forward to this. The trip is going to really help jump start my new program, which is basically a continued running emphasis with a lot more bike. This means the real trainer (which I did last week) and road and mtb riding with a focus on climbing (which I did a little last week). Obviously, Tahoe will have a lot of trail running/hiking and biking. I will take my road bike. My dad is doing Escape from Alcatraz the week after Tahoe so he's riding and my brother-in-law bikes a little bit. So, aside from all of the fun with family, there will be a lot of mileage at altitude. I've got some maps printed out and can't wait to scout. Since the TRT basically circles the lake, I've found some trail-heads close to our North Shore "residence" so I have a pretty good idea how to access. I'm hoping for some 10 to 15 mile trail runs on the TRT throughout the week and I'm sure the guys and I will throw some nice little 3 hr+ bike rides. We were there about 6 years ago and I know there are some huge hills that take people from the lake to places like Truckee. I'm really psyched.

The little ride I did last week (19 miles, 2500ft climbing) was nice. Although I can't stand riding anywhere near traffic, I found the hill I like at Cabrillo National Monument and did some repeats. They didn't tax much at all, so I know I need to climb a lot more. This has to help the system, my ability to climb period.

Funny that I've been more sore from the cycling than the running. Whatever you're used to.

AND IT LOOKS LIKE THE WEATHER IS GOING TO BE BRUTAL (COLD) IN TAHOE :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment