Sunday, October 5, 2008

9/29 to 10/5 . . .about 40 miles

The season is definitely changing. My long run today hit the coast and the ocean has definitely announced the change. The swell, the colors and crisp air bespeak the fall. Of course, football season is here. MLB postseason is under way and I'm definitely a fan of Bball playoffs. Then there's the holiday season. First up, Halloween. My wife made some pumpkin muffins/cup cakes. Tasty and pretty kid friendly.


Needlesstosay, there are some big races this month too. JW hopefully abused Xterra Nationals. The big race in Kona is coming up. Xterra Worlds is a few weeks away. And, of course, my little tangle in the desert. That's just a tiny selection. I guess it's that time of year to "harvest," to assess the summer "growth."

Monday: about 6 miles easy.

Tuesday: 4.5 miles night running at about 9:00pm around SDSU. I need to use a head-lamp next time. Lots of big hills. Humid. Pretty much hammered.

Wednesday: Off but I walked a lot and climbed a lot. I consciously moved.

Thursday: 9 miles with the hill work-out. 3x2min + 5LT, 3x1 + 5LT and enough on the trail to get in 9 miles. PQ canyon. Really worked me. Been fighting a little bump in my immunity since. Run started at 9:00am and it was baking!



Friday: 4 miles on the treadmill. Went easy but felt hard. Felt like I was going to throw-up.

Saturday: 6 miles, the hill work-out. A reduced version but I did it on the treadmill. NOT THE SAME. But I killed it. Felt great. Pressed for time. Did this on the way to pick-up Jack's cousins.


Sunday: 11 miles, 1300ft. ascent. 1:28. This is the long run. Not very long, but better than nothing. I'll go 2:00+ next week (goal). I (sorta) hit my three key workouts with a couple more sessions. Not bad.

Trevor said he'd help me get a little more specific since the schedule is a little tight. Anyone looking for a coach? It's him.

No comments:

Post a Comment