Sunday, January 3, 2010

Tons of Nudity


Photo caption: I am forever grateful to John Doe, Lester the Molester, Jose Cuervo and Mor Trippel - people that I will forever consider part of my family (names changed to protect the guilty:)

This is a picture that just doesn't make sense to me. I got it from a guy's Badwater race report, but could pretty much represent the 100 mile + world, especially as it relates to your average joe.

AJW just posted his take on the DNFer. This here post was started (I found the pic and threw-up) on Dec. 30, so I am not writing this in response to AJW. I think the picture says it all. That is a kind of running I don't understand. So, yes I'm ignorant. But come on. I've hiked Mt. Whitney, hiked R2R 2-3 times, as well as other long treks. Operative word: Hiked. And Enjoyed the experiences with others working in the same capacity as I. They weren't carrying my supplies for me.

Once you enter the 100 mile mountain run, you run the risk of all kinds of trouble. I haven't done one. I never will. 50k: definitely. 50 mile: probably. 185 mile relay race: why not. But a 100 miler where I have a bunch of loved ones at the ready to wipe my ass and feed me a bottle like a little baby? No freakin way. That's just me.

2 comments: