Saturday, October 24, 2009

One foot in-front of the other. . .

Friday, I did a couple of shots of flax-seed oil and then ran 1:15 aerobically with a little progression at the end. Felt great afterward which says it all. Of course slamming my recovery drink post run was key too. I have to get this immunity system back together!

Saturday (today), rode the trainer for 45 minutes in the garage, mixing-up the gears and then quickly jumped into my running cloth and did 50 minutes. Again, all aerobic but for a little progression at the end. Felt great.

Listened to a little Zeppelin today. They are the best. . .ever. By the way, John Paul Jones, Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age) and Dave Grohl have started a new band: Them Crooked Vultures. Queens is the shit. Grohl worked with them on Songs for the Deaf. JPJ: enough said. Stoked.

These work-outs were good. Goal: strong and fast. And stay healthy. Health is wealth.

3 comments:

  1. What is that header shot?

    And what does the flax seed oil do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. GZ,
    The photo was taken on top of the mountain of World of Hurt 25/50k in Boulder City outside of Vegas. Vegas is in the distance behind the photographer.

    I think I was reading a D.Karzanes race report from that Sahara desert stage race? He was saying a few of the runners were sustaining themselves on viles of olive oil.
    What that has to do with my mentioning flax seed oil, I don't know. I'm trying to burn fat on my runs? It sounds a little disgusting/intriguing?

    Whatever.

    I had the same experience as you last night/this morning. Only I couldn't run 13 miles. Good job, dood.

    You better be running a marathon/ultra marathon one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would not have run 13 miles but my neigbhor kept me going. "let's go out another block." DUDE. I was dying but I was not going to buck down ... I had to keep the rep in the hood as that crazy runner guy.

    Not familiar really with flax seed oil but it sounds really gross.

    ReplyDelete