Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Eve and Christmas

WERE great! I finally got a chance to meet with someone whom I hope to learn a lot from in the near future. I have a lot of work to do. Amen.

I am so excited about the future; "excited" means optimistic and anxious; "anxious" means sorta freaked-out. My job hunt is like training for a huge race, one that started yesterday and never ends, if that makes any sense at all. I have a lot of work to do. What I thought about yesterday on my run right after the meeting is the incredible idea of marrying my two passions - endurance sports and communications. We will see.

Yesterday was a beautiful day in and outside the office. After the meeting, I hit a nice little "mountain" in La Costa.
JW introduced it to me.

7 miles, 1 hour, 2000+ ft. total up and down (the down was fairly aggressive for a guy with a cold). HR was too high but this is cold related. Didn't "feel" (PE) that hard. Almost perfect.

The cold is still lingering. I'm off today because the xmas spirit is in the house and I want this cold thing to go away! Errrr.

Yesterday: In front and behind the camera. The venue and the post-run comfort zone: Yeah!



Today has been pretty nice, as well. Compression socks, and other socks (I love socks), a new headlamp, other random gear (kept gifting for me simple, to the point!).

Jack: "This is the best Christmas ever."

Thank you, Jack. That's the best present a dad could get. . .say it again ;-)

Spent a lot of the morning putting together some cool Lego contraptions, watching vintage Scoobie Doo shows, one that even has a Christmas theme!

A little family, a little red wine with Nona's pasta and bada boom: Christmas 2009 is in the books.

Oh and the Chargers look ridiculously good. Take a week-off before the Jan-Feb run?

Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment