Saturday, July 24, 2010

Time to absorb (and heal)

Another solid trail run today. 10+ miles on a rolling trail, the last 5 miles at a kind of tempo pace. This one with a group of guys and we ran pretty well, big negative split on our 45min out 39min back. Yet we talked the whole way which is a good sign. I was definitely feeling it at the end, both in my breathing and my hamstring.

Because of this nagging hammy, I'm going to do some days of hiking/x-training (hitting the pool, spinning and did I say hiking?!). I have a run scheduled for Tuesday with a few of the guys I ran with today. So, Sun and Mon will be active recovery. Non-stress is what this hammy needs. I have to think big picture. Although I want to show-up at Bulldog and throw-down (avenge last year's beating I took), this is only the beginning. There is a lot that I want to do in the fall and winter. So why destroy myself for this one race?

Damn. But in the end these forced recoveries tend to be just what the doctor ordered.

2 comments:

  1. you are killing it man... don't let the hammy get in the way. definitely give it the attention it needs and let it heal.

    simple stuff. r.i.c.e.
    get some traumeel (topical and oral). it's magic!
    http://www.traumeel.com/Traumeel_com_Home.homotox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the out and back. One of the best ways to get in a solid workout.

    ReplyDelete