Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sunday - 7 miles . . . 60 miles


Avg. HR 145, a little climbing and all in all pretty tough. I logged 60 miles this week and took 2 days off. I knew I was 7 miles short, so I wanted to get that in, which added to the toughness. If I had run this morning, I would have run 10 miles on the grass and dirt and would have been stoked. Instead, logistics (with my life and the Rock n' Roll Marathon) encouraged a late afternoon run. Not exceptional. Diet came into play again. Dinner and breakfast were affected by what's in the picture: tomatillos, tomatoes, jalapenos and some red peppers on the stove. I like to eat what I like to eat. I just have to manage my business a little more intelligently. The run was okay (the numbers betrayed the PE) but afterwards (after hydrating and watching my kid play around at the park) I felt like a million bucks. I look at it as if I'm wearing weights while I run. It's tough, but the results are in line with the goals. Speaking of diet, check-out what AC is saying and is going to say about fat oxidation. The conclusion(s) is/are fairly simple, but having a sports scientist break it down is great reading especially when it considers the context - endurance sports.

So, 60 miles are in the tank. I think I feel/can tap these down the line at some point. I'm going to keep building base, but I need to integrate the bike. How this affects my run mileage, we'll see. Like I said, I have to work on managing "the business:" make good short-term decisions that are aligned with my long-term goals. Is 60 miles feasible? Great question. I think yes especially if I use all seven days and especially if I can reel off a 20+ days here and there. But I need to mix it up, define my TRAIL MIX.

Chillin like a villain

No comments:

Post a Comment