Friday, December 31, 2010

Friday, (new shoes?) and Happy New Year


Ok, I'm about to head-out on my little new year's eve run. I'm so fired-up for a killer 2011. On that note (not that I need them) I'm going to buy a lighter trail shoe.

I'm thinking of trying the Montrail Masochist, the Inov-8 X-Talon 212, or the La Sportiva Crosslite.

Hmmmmm.

So, I forgot my Garmin but had the Highgear, re-set the altitude and hit the trail. Accumulated reads 2512 ft. I ran up and over Cowles Mt., then ran and summitted Pyles Peak, returned, then hit a single-track that goes down towards Santee, and then back up to finish back to the car. My lungs are toast. I found snot where snot should not be allowed.

Mileage was ~10 miles.

Looking at the backside of Cowles, on my way to Pyles.


Getting closer to Pyles, looking back, Cowles in the distance.


On top of Pyles. There's the trail going back.


Yum.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent grip/sole on the x-lites but a bit tight in the heel to start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to give them a shot. One of the considerations is that I will buy them at REI whose return policy is great. I could give the shoes a few spins, even break them in and if not sold, return them no problem. I think I can get the inov-8s there too. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cross lites seem way heavy to me. You want a light shoe and avoid the pending injuries of thin shoes, try PI's Fuel XC.

    ReplyDelete